This awesome nail powder kit has everything you need to get multiple looks.
The Mitty Difference:
- Highly pigmented
- Easy to use
- Can be used on gel, acrylic, dipping powder and more
- Long lasting result
- Complete nail design look
Easy nail powder application steps:
1. Apply a base colour. The base can be normal nail polish or gel polish. Any dark colour is OK as each colour gives a different effect. We recommend black for the best result if you want the maximum nail powder design.
2. Apply none wipe gel top coat like Mitty Gloss Top Coat. Cure under a LED nail lamp for 10 seconds in Mitty 54W LED nail lamp. This step is important as the nail powder needs a certain level of tackiness to stick to the top coat. If you under-cure the gel top coat, the nail powder will look dull and if you over-cure the gel top coat, the nail powder may not stick to the nail.
3. Dip the colour side of the applicator in your Mitty nail powder and then rub it onto your nail. You will need to apply a little pressure so you get the maximum nail powder design.
4. Turn the applicator and use the white side to finalise the nail design. This will give you an even shinier look.
5. Now take your Mitty Design Pro Angular fan brush, and wipe away the excess nail powder.
6. It is very important to apply a top coat otherwise the nail powder will rub off.
Handy hint: It’s easy to get the nail powder everywhere, all over your actual finger. Before you even apply the nail powder put on Flawless Finish by Mitty Mani tapes to minimise clean up.
FAQ about nail powder:
1. Why is my nail powder not working?
This can be due to a number of reasons.
If your nail powder is not sticking to the nails:
You have over-cured your gel top coat. Your gel top coat needs a certain level of tackiness so the nail powder sticks to it. If you over-cure it, you will remove all the tackiness.
This is easily fixed by curing your top coat for less time.
If your nail powder is not shiny and looks dull:
This could be because of mostly two reasons.
1. You have undercured-cured your gel top coat. Your gel top coat needs a certain level of tackiness so the nail powder sticks to it. If you under-cure it, you will have too much tackiness which makes the nail powder look dull.
This is easily fixed by curing your top coat for more time.
2. You are not using a none wipe gloss top coat.
2. What is nail powder is made off?
Nail powder is made from pigments plus fillers. The less filler you have like Mitty nail powders, the shinier the result will be because fillers look dull.
There are different type of powders like chrome powders, shimmer powders, and holographic powder. The difference in these are the pigment used which in return give you the different look.
3. Is nail powder safe?
Yes. Although it has pigments, these are tested and approved for cosmetic used.
Mitty nail powder is made with FDA, EU, & AU compliant ingredients. Cosmetic grade pigments.
Mitty nail powder kit includes:
1x Mitty UNICORN POO Holo powder kit
1x Mitty Grape Topaz chrome powder kit
1x Mitty Amethyst chrome powder kit