The Best way to avoid smudging your nails
Why do we love gel nail polishes?
Type of gel nail polish
Quality of gel nail polishes
What does 10 free means when it comes to gel nail polishes?
10 free in nail industry means products such as gel nail polishes and builder gels that are free from the 10 top nastiest chemicals that are bad for you. These are:
Parabens: Parabens have been suspected endocrine disruptors, causing damage to your hormonal system. Other studies have confirmed that parabens can mimic the hormone estrogen in the body, which can disrupt normal bodily functions, as well as lead to tumors and cancerous cells.
TPHP: Commonly referred to as a plasticizer, as well as a fire retardant, TPHP has been proven to alter hormonal health and functionality in the body. In essence, this chemical can completely change your health, regulatory functions, and even reproductive health due to its chemical composition.
Tert-Butyl Hydroperoxide: This chemical may be toxic to blood, lungs, liver, and respiratory systems, as well as the nervous system.
Toluene: Studies have suggested that this chemical can cause nervous system impairment and immune, kidney, liver, and reproductive damage.This chemical is used to help polish dry faster.
Xylene: This toxin has been known to cause headaches and migraines, as well as nervous system depression.
Camphor: This chemical can cause headaches, nausea, and dizziness
Dibutyl Phthalate: This chemical can cause a respiratory irritant when inhaled in large volumes and can be linked to the development of cancerous cells, tumors, and a variety of other complications.
Ethyl Tosylamide: This chemical is suspected to cause reproductive health complications. It is important to note that this chemical is banned in some countries such as European Commission however be careful when buying online from other countries and websites that are not 10 free as they can still be used and shipped. For example this product is not banned in USA.
Formaldehyde: This same chemical is used for embalming fluid on corpses, which should put it into perspective for you how bad it is when used on gel products. This chemical is can cause respiratory and skin irritation, long-term exposure to formaldehyde can be linked to cancerous development.
Formaldehyde Resin: This is the base chemical that releases the formaldehyde we consume.
Some studies have even found that the amount of chemicals floating in the air at many nail salons exceeds the amount of chemicals found in notoriously chemically-filled places, like auto garages. Other studies have proven that these chemicals can be a threat to pregnancy health and hormonal regulation in women carrying children. This is why it is important that you choose 10 free.
How to apply gel nail polish
Gel nail polishes are easy to use. The most important thing is to make sure you have everything you need and follow these steps.
- Prepare your nails by pushing the cuticle back.
- Gently buff the nail surface, using a Mitty 180/180 Grit file.
- Apply Mitty PH Bonder, let air dry.
- Apply Mitty Gel Primer, let air dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Mitty clear base coat. Cure for 30 seconds in Mitty 54W LED Lamp.
- Apply a thin layer of gel polish and cure for 30 seconds in Mitty 54W LED Lamp. Repeat this step.
- Apply non wipe top coat and cure for 60 seconds in Mitty 54W LED Lamp.
PLEASE NOTE: Curing time may differ depending on the voltage of your LED nail lamp.
How to remove gel nail polish super easy
It is super important to ensure your remove your gel nail polish correctly so that you don't damage your natural nails.
- File your applied gel polish to remove seal with Mitty 100/100 Grit file.
- Cut a cotton pad into 4 pieces.
- Soak the pad with pure acetone.
- Slip the pad inside Mitty Polish off Soakie and slide the Soakie onto your finger. (You can use aluminum foil as well; however we ask that you consider the impact on the environment)
- Wait 10-15 minutes.
- Using a cuticle pusher, remove the gel polish. Repeat previous steps if polish is not fully removed.
- Buff your nails.
- Use Mitty Cuticle oil to moisturise your cuticles and nails.
And more tips to ensure your nail polish lasts
Working on clean nails
When applying base coat
When applying Top Coat
How to dry your nail art quicker if you are using normal nail polish
Apply oil on freshly painted nails:
Ice baby Ice:
Use ready products:
Don't have hot shower after you have finished your nail art design
Have tips & tricks that you like to share? Why not comment below or email us at email@example.com