Sometimes we don't have time to go and get our nails removed in a salon and we just need to remove them. So the question is how can we remove nails at home safely without damaging our own nails.
This is a complete guide plus a video showing you how to remove your nails at home.
What type of nails can you remove at home using this method?
If you follow these steps you can remove any type of nails that require acetone to to remove your nails such as:
- Gel Nail Polish
- Dipping Nails
- Acrylic Nails
- PolyGel Nails
- Builder Gel Nails
- Soft Gel Nails
What products do you need to remove builder gel?
To remove your nails, you need to have:
- Pure acetone which you can purchase from professional salon retailers or hardware stores such as Bunnings
- Cotton pads cut into quarters
- Mitty Polish off Soakies. You can also use aluminium foil however Polish off Soakies are reusable and much better for the environment.
- Low grit nail file like Mitty 100/100 grit nail file or an electronic file (e-file or e-drill) like Mitty portable nail drill with a Smooth Top Barrel-Medium nail drill bit.
- Nail buffer
- Cuticle oil
Steps to remove nails at home
Whether you are removing gel nail polish or nail extension, there are a few steps that are important to follow to ensure you remove your nails safely at home without damaging your nails. Below are these steps:
- File as much of the nail product as you can using a low grit nail file like Mitty 100/100 grit nail file. This step can be much easier if a nail file (e-file) like Mitty portable nail drill and using Smooth Top Barrel-Medium nail drill bit. Please remember that you need to be trained how to use a nail drill otherwise you could over file and damage your nails.
- Now we need to soak the nails with pure acetone. Cut a cotton pad into 4 peices. Now place acetone on the pad, slip the pad inside your Mitty Polish off Soakies and slide the soakie onto your finger. If you don't have Mitty Polish off Soakies, you can use aluminium foil however aluminium foil is harder to use and it's not environmentally friendly.
- Wait 10-15 minutes and remove the Soakies. Use a cuticle pusher to remove softened gel. If all products are not removed, repeat step 1-3 until all gel products are removed.
- Once all gel products are removed, buff the surface of your nails and apply a good quality cuticle oil like Mitty 100% certified Australian organic Cuticle Juice.
Watch video below showing how to remove nail at home.
Where to purchase a nail remover kit?
At Mitty, we have the best nail removal kit for you with everything you need to remove your old tired mani, Except for Acetone which you can easily pick up from nailshops, pharmacies & hardware stores.
This nail remover kit includes:
1x Cuticle Pusher
1x Mitty 100/100 grit nail file
A selection of cotton pads
1x Mitty cuticle oil
2x Polish off Soakies
Interested in learning more? check out our nail courses and nail trainings. We offer both online and face to face training. (Australia only). Click HERE to find out more