All you need to know to remove builder gel
You have your nails done but now you need to remove them at home. It is super important to ensure the product on your nails are removed safely. The number one reason I see clients with damaged nails is when the nails have been peeled off or over filed. This is a big no no. The great news is that builder gel is 100% soak off in pure acetone. And if removed correctly, it will not damaged your nails no matter how long you have been doing your nails. It is important to remember that there are a few steps to do so that you can easily remove them. These steps are exact same steps as removing any products such as dipping, acrylic, nail extension and gel polish.
What products do you need to remove builder gel?
- Pure acetone which you can purchase from professional salon retailers or hardware stores such as Bunnings
- Cotton pads cut into quarters
- Mitty Polish off Soakies. You can also use aluminium foil however Polish off Soakies are reusable and much better for the environment.
- Low grit nail file like Mitty 100/100 grit nail file or an electronic file (e-file or e-drill) like Mitty portable nail drill with a Smooth Top Barrel-Medium nail drill bit.
- Nail buffer
- Cuticle oil
How to remove builder gel at home?
There are a few steps that are important to follow to ensure you remove your builder gel safely at home without damaging your nails. Below are these steps:
- File as much of the nail extension as you can using a low grit nail file like Mitty 100/100 grit nail file. This step can be much easier if an e-drill (e-file) like Mitty portable nail drill and using Smooth Top Barrel-Medium nail drill bit if you are trained on how to use an e-drill.
- Now we need to soak the nails with pure acetone. Cut a cotton pad into 4 peices. Now place acetone on the pad, slip the pad inside your Mitty Polish off Soakies and slide the soakie onto your finger. If you don't have Mitty Polish off Soakies, you can use aluminium foil however aluminium foil is harder to use and it's not environmentally friendly.
- Wait 10-15 minutes and remove the Soakies. Use a cuticle pusher to remove softened gel. If all products are not removed, repeat step 1-3 until all gel products are removed.
- Once all gel products are removed, buff the surface of your nails and apply a good quality cuticle oil like Mitty 100% certified Australian organic Cuticle Juice.
Watch video below showing how to remove nail extensions.
Where to purchase a nail remover kit?
At Mitty, we have the best nail removal kit for you with everything you need to remove your old tired mani, Except for Acetone which you can easily pick up from nailshops, pharmacies & hardware stores.
This nail remover kit includes:
1x Cuticle Pusher
1x Mitty 100/100 grit nail file
A selection of cotton pads
1x Mitty cuticle oil
2x Polish off Soakies
Interested in learning more? check out our nail courses and nail trainings. We offer both online and face to face training. (Australia only). Click HERE to find out more