Shimmer Aurora Nail Powders
These aurora nail powders have a hidden secret, hidden colours that magically appear like a shimming mirage in the desert. Pinky Candy Floss colours will magically appear as the dominate colour depending on the angle. A beautiful Candy Floss rainbow, or a magical mixed colour rainbow, you decide.
The Mitty Difference:
Easy to use
Can be used on gel, acrylic, dipping powder and more
Long lasting result
Aurora nail finish
Hidden colours create a perfect shimmer look
Easy aurora nail powder application steps:
1. Apply a base colour. The base can be normal nail polish or gel polish. Any dark colour is OK as each colour gives a different effect. We recommend black for the best result if you want the maximum mirror aurora nail design.
2. Apply none wipe gel top coat like Mitty Gloss Top Coat. Cure under a LED nail lamp for 10 seconds in Mitty 54W LED nail lamp. This step is important as the aurora powder needs a certain level of tackiness to stick to the top coat. If you under-cure the gel top coat, the powder will look dull and if you over-cure the gel top coat, the powder may not stick to the nail.
3.Dip the colour side of the applicator in your Mitty aurora powder and then rub it onto your nail. You will need to apply a little pressure so you get the maximum mirror aurora powder nail design.
4. Turn the applicator and use the white side to finalise the aurora nail design. This will give you an even shinier look.
5. Now take your Mitty Design Pro Angular fan brush, and wipe away the excess aurora powder.
6. It is very important to apply a top coat otherwise the aurora powder will rub off.
Handy hint: It’s easy to get the aurora powder everywhere, all over your actual finger. Before you even apply the aurora powder put on Flawless Finish by Mitty Mani tapes to minimise clean up.
FAQ about aurora nail powder:
1. Why is my aurora nail powder not working?
This can be due to a number of reasons.
If your aurora nail powder is not sticking to the nails:
You have over-cured your gel top coat. Your gel top coat needs a certain level of tackiness so the powder sticks to it. If you over-cure it, you will remove all the tackiness.
This is easily fixed by curing your top coat for less time.
If your aurora nail powder is not shiny and looks dull:
This could be because of mostly two reasons.
1. You have under cured your gel top coat. Your gel top coat needs a certain level of tackiness so the powder sticks to it. If you under-cure it, you will have too much tackiness which makes the powder look dull.
This is easily fixed by curing your top coat for more time.
2. You are not using a none wipe gloss top coat.
2. What is nail aurora powder is made of?
Nail aurora powder is made from chrome pigments, metal and glass plus fillers. The less filler you have like Mitty aurora powders, the shinier the result will be because fillers look dull.
There are different type of powders like chrome powders, shimmer powders, and holographic powder. The difference in these are the pigment used which in return give you the different look.
3. Is aurora nail powder safe?
Yes. Although it has pigments, metal and glass, these are tested and approved for cosmetic used.
Mitty nail aurora powder is made with FDA, EU, & AU compliant ingredients. Cosmetic grade pigments.
Mitty aurora nail powder kit includes:
1x Jar of Shimmer aurora nail powder 0.5g
1x Storage pouch.
2x Easy as applicators