Mitty Clear Base Coat protects your natural nails from damage and discoloration and ensures long lasting wear of Mitty Pure Gel Polishes.
The Mitty Difference:
- 100% Vegan
- 100% Cruelty FREE
- 100% Palm Oil FREE
- 100% Pure Gel System
- Highly pigmented for easy coverage
- Up to 5 weeks long lasting formula
- Fast soak-off removal with acetone
- LED & UV curable
Easy gel base coat application steps:
- Prepare your nails by pushing the cuticle back.
- Gently buff the nail surface, using a Mitty 180/180 Grit file.
- Apply Mitty PH Bonder, let air dry.
- Apply Mitty Gel Primer, let air dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Mitty clear base coat. Cure for 30 seconds in Mitty 54W LED Lamp.
- Apply a thin layer of polish and cure for 30 seconds in Mitty 54W LED Lamp. Repeat this step.
- Apply non wipe top coat and cure for 60 seconds in Mitty 54W LED Lamp.
PLEASE NOTE: Curing time may differ depending on the voltage of your nail art lamp.
How to remove gel base coat easily:
- File your applied nail ridge filler to remove seal with Mitty 100/100 Grit file.
- Cut a cotton pad into 4 pieces.
- Soak the pad with pure acetone.
- Slip the pad inside Mitty Polish off Soakie and slide the Soakie onto your finger. (You can use aluminum foil as well; however we ask that you consider the impact on the environment)
- Wait 10-15 minutes.
- Using a cuticle pusher, remove the nail ridge filler. Repeat previous steps if not fully removed.
- Buff your nails.
- Use Mitty Cuticle oil to moisturise your cuticles and nails.
*Please note: Whilst every care is taken to truly represent the exact bounce base/nail ridge filler colour, different monitors will display colours in different ways.
FAQ about gel base coat:
1. Is gel base coat supposed to be tacky?
Yes, even when it is fully cured, it will feel tacky. This is because gel base coat acts as double sided tape. It adheres to your nails and your gel polish.
2. Is gel base coat the same as gel top coat?
No, they are meant for different purposes and have different formulas. Gel base coat is used to protect the natural nail as well as ensuring a long lasting manicure and it cures tacky.
A gel top coat specially Mitty none wipe gloss top coat is used at the end of your gel manicure to protect the polish, gives it shine and it cures none tacky.